When it comes to food, Atlanta can hold its own. The ‘city too busy to hate’ hosts some of the best in cuisine, from scratch made pizza and gourmet burgers to slow-cooked barbeque and authentic dishes that rep its growing diversity. There’s something for everyone. However, with so many choices, making your way through the best of the best in food and bev can be intimidating. Our advice? Put these three spots on your radar next time you’re in the mood for something new and go from there.
Our top three restaurants in (or near) the Edgewood area:
Ration & Dram (for brunch)
130 Arizona Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30307
- Southern classics like beignets and chicken and dumplings shine at Edgewood eatery, Ration & Dram. On Sunday mornings you can find locals lined up for multi-mosas and brunch favorites like eggs benedict and biscuits and gravy.
- What you should order: Sweet Lady (cured ham and gruyere between challah french toast with sunny egg and maple syrup)
1530 Dekalb Ave. NE, Atlanta, Ga 30307
- Treat your tastebuds to an array of thoughtfully curated courses at Lazy Betty, a modern tasting-menu restaurant located near Candler Park. This upscale dining experience is ideal for date nights and special occasions and has been reviewed as “the best fine dining restaurant in Atlanta right now.”
- What you should order: Georgia Shrimp Causa, Avocado Mousse, Aji-Potato Emulsion
242 Boulevard SE, Atlanta, GA 30312
- This eclectic southwestern eatery and tequila bar features a casual dress code and high energy dining room and bar, optimal for a Friday night (or really any night of the week.) The five star menu has just about anything and everything to satisfy your cravings including traditional posole soup, new mexican rack of lamb, smoked salmon tostadas and grilled street corn.
- What you should order: Fresh homemade guacamole & chips with Santa Fe Blue Corn Chicken Enchiladas
So whether you’re new to the area or a local, grab your utensil of choice, make a reservation and get ready to chow down on some of the best of the best in the Edgewood area.